- CSP will take your existing mail list and scrub the data for inaccuracies, compare the data to the USPS for address accuracy.
- The data list is compared to the USPS change of address data base. If the addressee has moved and a change of address was filed with the USPS, the mail address will be updated in the data file to ensure the correct address is used when the mail piece is printed and mailed.
Almost all mail is folded using a fold machine.
- Generic printed materials are inserted using an insert machine.
- Match inserting personalized material can sometimes require hand insertion to ensure the name and information printed on the letter matches the name and information printed on the outer envelope.
Before the mail is taken to the post office the mail is sorted into the order of which it will be delivered. This is an activity that the post office performs everyday with all mail. Since the mail is “pre-sorted”, the USPS provides discounts for presorted mail.
- CSP offers several different postage “types”
- Stamp & Cancel
- Meter Mark (Red can be Black)
- Indicia (Printed Postage Mark see on bulk Mail
- Postage marks are chosen by the client. Things to consider:
- Cost – to place stamps, cancellation and meter marks are additional process that require additional resources.
- If the letter or mail piece is personal, a stamp looks less like bulk mail and more like personal mail. The stamp and cancellation gives the impression the mail traveled as a single mail piece with a specific message intended for the addressee.
- Postage Costs
- Postage costs are determined by the USPS. The USPS provides discounts based on the sort of the mailing list, the saturation of the mailing list and the USPS location the mail is dropped.
- CSP does not mark up postage. A postal receipt is available on request at the time of invoice or anytime afterwards for all mail job processed by CSP Group LLC.
Presorted Bulk Rate Postage – 2018
- It is difficult to wrap all postage variations up into a few tables.
- Please contact us for parcel or co-mingle postage costs.
- These tables only reflect a the most common postage used for direct mail.
- Postage can be complicated to compute. As some mail may qualify for 1 rate and other mail within the same job will qualify for a slightly different rate.
- Postage is calculated using software approved by the USPS and the exact postage is not known until the data is processed. Estimated postage will be close and estimates from CSP are always quoted on the high side. Be aware some companies estimate projects with the lowest postage cost to earn the bid, as many of us only review the total costs. Be sure to consider this “hidden” cost when comparing quotes. It is CSP policy to process projects with integrity and transparency.
- CSP is well versed in postage literature and works to provide you the very lowest postage rate by analyzing all the angles. When it makes sense to deliver your mail across country via “Commercial-Trucking” vs dropping mail off at the closest USPS location to the mail house, we will raise our hand and provide you the option. This is only 1 example of many difference scenarios, where additional postage costs can be avoided. Sure it takes additional time and effort to perform these postage cost analysis. But we think your business is worth the extra time and effort.